Tuesday, June 18, 2013

shopping opportunities

We had lots of opportunities to shop today (basically at every stop we made).  Our first stop was a scenic overlook with lots of little trinket shops.  I found a carved animal for Delaney's collection, and we found the bracelets that David's mom wanted us to look for.  I was tempted by some scarves, but resisted the temptation.  I did get several postage stamps to mail postcards back home.

After our scenic overlook in Goreme, they took us to a local fruit/nut shop with cashews, pistashios, pumpkin seeds roasted in milk, apricot pits (which tasted like almonds), and dried apricots, etc.  The local specialty is a dried apricot covered in chocolate.  We got several boxes!  

After lunch we stopped at the carpet store, and although we did not purchase the $7,000 rug that the showman offered us ("Which one do you see in your home?"), I did finally give into temptation and got several scarves.  I'm sure I'll pick up several more before we leave the country.



No comments:

Post a Comment