Friday, June 14, 2013

Geocaching diversion

Woke up today after 4 hrs of sleep.  Darn internal alarm clock!  Dozed some and then got up for some breakfast.  I wasn't sure how we were going to spend our day until our 5:20 flight, but decided to see if there were any geocaches near the hotel.  My daughter and I have recently discovered the fun of geocaching and I had the app on my phone.  We were in luck, two within about .2 miles.

I have recently picked up a "travel bug", a trackable item with a specific travel goal.  Our item is Hello Kitty and she would like to get back to her home of origin:  Japan. She is on her way to a cache in Istanbul where we hope someone else will pick her up and help her on her way.  In the meantime, she's seeing as much as she can.  She had a little taste of home today...



I took David and our friend who is stranded with us, Glyn, and we started beating the bushes to see what we could find.  We found the first one!  We looked and looked for the second one, but no luck.  It was right in front of a Japanese market so we went in to explore.   Really interesting stuff!  Put me in a better mood.  I'll try to hold on to this good feeling as we traverse 3 more airports today.

Dried Squid anyone?  The second picture is an entire row of seaweed choices.  The final picture is of the different rice selections available, at least ten different kinds all in 5 lb bags.










No comments:

Post a Comment