Thursday, May 26, 2016

Food observations

I don't have as many pictures of food on this trip as I have taken in the past.  It was fun to rediscover "Monster Munch" - one of Delaney's favorites from our time in Poland  I think it is made in the UK, but I'm not sure.  We found it in Paris on this trip.  She opted out of the Ketchup flavor, but got several packs of the the Sale (salted) variety.  She's going to try to carry it back to the US, but I have a feeling it will be monster crumbles when we get home.


One of the things that has changed notably since we last traveled is the appearance of lots of single serve, take-away lunch options.  David and I have purchased many a meal of meat, cheese and bread because its easy, but with these new options popping up I got Dolmas (stuffed grape leaves) and hummus for lunch on the train instead.  Delaney had a serving of spaghetti bolonaise for dinner one night when David and I opted for Indian food.



It was very strange to read the menu with Indian food items, translated to french with English subtitle descriptions.  To describe Indian food as "beignets" just makes me laugh. 

This amazing ice cream sundae was Delaney's treat on our first night in Paris.

We found a lot of prawn flavored foods while in the UK.  Definitely not for me!
Found these different tic tac flavors.  They start as peach and then change to lemon.  Everlasting gobstoppers anyone?
We had  a really good Italian dinner in London one night and got creme brulee, a lemon parfait and a pistachio parfait.  Yum!

Delaney decided she wanted spaghetti for dinner (since David and I were planning on Indian), so we got a single serving size from the store to fix in the kitchen at the hostel.  The directions said cook at 900 watts for 2 minutes.  The microwave actually had a knob to change the wattage (but only went up to 800 w)  It heated up fine.
I guess "cool ranch" flavor has been modified here...
Patriotic French powerade.
Delaney discovers the local chocolate milk.  




1 comment:

  1. I just LOVE food adventures in the UK! Could spend hours just prowling supermarkets alone, for things never seen here.

    ReplyDelete