Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Additional random observations

* In the past, we've stayed in hostels with motion sensitive lights in the halls, but after getting blinded by the hall lights last night when I opened my door, I realized these lights are on all the time.  Must be the LED lights that have replaced all the old bulbs in every fixture now.
*  The hostel showers often have timers on them to conserve water, but not this one.
*  Each bed nook has its own bed lamp and two USB charger plugs - times are changing!
*  There are often musicians in certain (designated?) places in the tube.  We've seen a sax player, two guitar players, and a violinist so far.
*  I was asked for directions while buying passes in Kings Cross tube station.  Fortunately I was able to tell the lady that she needed to go upstairs to the train station to find the trains : )

No comments:

Post a Comment