Sunday, May 29, 2016

Amsterdam

I was only in the city for a short time before my vivid memories of getting almost getting run over by a bike and a tram came back to me.  Crossing traffic is very challenging - look out for bikes going one way, look out for cars, look out for trams.  Then you are only in the middle of the street, you next have to look for trams coming the other way, look for cars, then look for bikes.  The bikes are the trickiest because they ride next to the side walk and its often hard to tell where the bike lane ends and the sidewalk begins.  The locals are very tolerant of the many tourists who step in their way as they zoom along to their destinations, but I'm sure it gets very old after a while.

Listening to the polite "ding ding" of the bike bell just isn't enough to catch my attention and make me get out of the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment