Saturday, May 24, 2014

Street artists and vendors

I love watching the different street artists, and its fun to see what different vendors are selling (although some can be pushier than others). 

I loved these guys dressed up with 'invisible heads'.

The most unique craft that I saw were these cool wooden carved bowls that were collapsable.  They were being sold by Africans in each sighting. (Wish I had gotten a picture!)

We has seen "Splat pigs" in our last visit to Rome.  They are pig shaped, gel filled balloons and when you through them on a flat surface they flatten and then reform.  They added a new twist however, which is a squealing sound.

I chose not to buy a city scape painting.  I'm going to wait for Venice...

Our group stopped to observe a spray paint artist on the first day.  He had 20+ paint cans and was making a picture of the coloseum with planets and stars in the background.  It was really cool to watch.

I saw these guys in Venice.  They were talking to each other rather than engaging passersby, so I don't know quite what their gig was.

No comments:

Post a Comment