Saturday, May 31, 2014

Castles, museums and street fairs

The group went to the Sforzesco Castle for the afternoon.  It was a hot day.  The museums of the castle were free for the afternoon, so we wandered from gallery to gallery.  Interesting collections.  The largest I saw was musical instruments.  We even caught a wind ensemble (flutes of some kind) practicing in one of the galleries (wonderful resonate acoustics)!

Delaney and I saw the Egyptian collection, including two real mummified bodies.  The signage was pretty good, describing in detail the mummification process.  Fascinating.

We relaxed on the lawn near the fountain and people watched for a while waiting for the group to reassemble.

They had a street fair going on by the castle, lots of yummy food and some fun crafts.  Delaney and I discovered this cool purse made from two long zippers....you can actually unzip the entire purse (see below)

Had lunch in a small local place I spotted...a Crepeteria.  I was glad not to have pasta or pizza as my options today.  I'm not quite sure how all the restaurants stay in business with such similar menus.  On first brush, Wichita seems to have more diverse ethnic food than what we've seen here.

Spinich crepe with cheese!





No comments:

Post a Comment