Saturday, May 31, 2014

Blogging and leading a group

I've found that leading a group uses very different observational skills than I usually employ when I travel and blog.  I'm focused on directional signage, timetables, maps and head counting instead of the other observations of daily life that I tend to focus on when I'm traveling without so many other people.  I'm more caught up in taking the tourist photos and less observant about the people around me.  I've tried to shift focus a bit in Milan...These are from the walk David and I took looking for dinner our first night in the city.

I loved this "dog parking" hook outside the grocery store.  The store was actually all frozen dinners.  It would have been interesting to look around a bit, but we were starving and didn't have an oven to cook them in.

This is a Smart car, but a different model than I've seen around Wichita.  Seems perhaps a little more useful because it has some truck space.

We passed 3 different curbside gas stations in the residential neighborhood around us.  They just have a pull in area along side the street with the pumps. (It seems notable that there is not a 'Quik Trip' shop at these filling stations, only gas.)

This is a car dealership.  There were about five cars parked inside the showroom windows.  Look at this and then think about our acre-wide car lots at home with hundreds of cars!

This man was sitting on the corner caning a chair seat.  Made me think of my neighbor who wants her chairs repaired...Milan might be too far to go.

These hollyhocks were taller than David and growing in planters all up the street around the corner from our hotel.  Beautiful!
Kind of looks like a fun ride, although David spotted a Ferrari out for spin later...








No comments:

Post a Comment