Saturday, July 26, 2014

Enjoying the green spaces

A friend had told me that Buenos Aires had beautiful parks, but until today that had not been my experience of the city.  The 'parks' I had seen had fountains that were locked away behind bars and almost no park benches.  They were areas to be transited, but not a place to linger.

Today we finally saw some more attractive park spaces.  It was nice to be in a space where I didn't feel at risk of having someone bump into me and steal something from my backpack.  Smaller crowds, more family oriented spaces.
This is the equivalent of the national Supreme Court building, with a park in front of it.


This  is a special enclosed "dog park" where you can (apparently) leave your dog unattended to play and/or do their business.  The sign read that there was a limit of 8 dogs allowed.  I was surprised at the size of some of the dogs. I would not want a dog that big in my city apartment!

There were some professional dog walkers that we saw later in the day.

We passed a small playground area in the center of some nice upscale apartments.  There were lots of kids playing.

We saw several of these humongous rubber trees (Ficus) in the parks today.  This one had a sign that speculated about whether it had been planted in 1791 or 1823, but either way it is over (or not quite) 200 years old!






No comments:

Post a Comment