Sunday, June 18, 2017

Food notes

 I embarrassingly ate at McD’s more times than I’d like to admit.  (Although I had a very good Chinese meal with a friend one night).  Much of this was related to convenience more than anything, although cost was also a factor when considering the price of meals at my hotel.  Many of the restaurants in the hotel neighborhood did not open until after I was ready to be out exploring, but the McD’s was open 24/7.  The McD’s had touch screen ordering and, as expected, some local variation to the menu.  They had some traditional noodle dish for breakfast, and corn niblets as a side dish, among others.




 On my own I was a little worried to go to a local restaurant.  Although I found many people spoke enough English to make myself understood, I wasn’t sure some of these small local restaurants would.  And, I have to admit, the ducks hanging in the window were a little off putting as well.  I did find a nice local bakery where I got rolls for breakfast for two days.  On the second day the lady recognized me and greeted me with a big smile.


No comments:

Post a Comment