Saturday, May 26, 2018

Streets of Madrid

As we rode the airport bus into the city, the guy I was standing next to mentioned that Madrid had more trees per square meter than any other European city.  I wasn't sure about this until I started walking the streets and saw so many small trees planted on every street, especially on the very narrow pedestrian ways and alleys.  It's very attractive!


Just a variety of buildings that we passed in our exploration of the city:


This is the ministry of agriculture building directly across from the train station.  Really spectacular sculptures on the roof.  Makes me wonder what the building was originally.

Loved this cow in the door of a retail shop.  He added the umbrella on his head when we had a rainy morning one day.

Lots of walking around the city necessitates a top at the gelato shop on a regular basis!

Had to laugh at the name of this shop.  I have to say it does not inspire me to go in and look around.

The group decided this is just wrong.  We expected to find McD's and Burger King (and we have one just down the block from our hostel), but Five Guys surprised us.






No comments:

Post a Comment