Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Day 5- VBS

Today we went door to door in the neighborhood with invitations to attend and had twice as many kids as yesterday.  It was a lot of fun.  I was a little worried about needing to keep kids inline after being tired from painting, and not having the Spanish vocabulary to direct kids' behavior, but the kids were very well behaved.  I helped with crafts again today and had many kids showing me their work for approval.  I was able to say bueno and le gusto (I like it) with a smile, so one little girl decided to strike up a conversation with me which was more than my limited vocab could handle.  At the end of the afternoon, she came running over to say goodbye to me and gave me a hug.  So sweet!

I did a little better with my songs in Spanish today.  It helped to be able to see the words on a song sheet!

The bible story today was the Good Samaritan, which we acted out as Jay did the narration.  Then Pastor Ramon presented a lesson.

The kids played Pato, Pato, gonzo (duck,duck, goose).  After a while they took to teaming up against the adults playing. By trying to hold them back as they ran around the circle.  It had everyone laughing.
Pastor Ramon giving the 'application' (lesson)

Playing pato, pato, ganzo


Kids playing relay games in the entry/hallway of the church


No comments:

Post a Comment