Monday, May 27, 2013

Day 4-seeking quiet

I felt the need today to seek out some peace and quiet.  We are sleeping the 10 of us in one room (as well as lots of time in a single van).  Fortunately many in the group seem to recognize a "quiet zone" when they enter it, so I've had time to blog in relative peace.

The kids have been running around almost nonstop.  Delaney and Matthew are getting on each others nerves, but there are other kids around to provide some buffers.  Delaney found one girl (Michelle) who is 11 who speaks some English and they have been having fun together.

It's interesting to see how many people just hang around the church compound.  I know the pastor has 4 kids, but I haven't figured out which four are his yet.  Some are helping with the paint project, others just seem to be sitting around and visiting.  This is my husband's paradise.

No comments:

Post a Comment