Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Groceries

 I don't think I can travel abroad without a fun exploratory trip to the grocery store.  Its always fun to see items that you can't find at home. 

We have a Lidl and a Migros just a block away from us.  We also have a Migrolino (a mini-mart which I've not seen before!) 


These were tempting, but we already had two bags of chips to try.

They had packs and packs of colorful hardboiled eggs: "picknick eggs".  I don't know why they were colored, but it was fun to see them. 

Bundaberg is really a thing here.  Its in all of the restaurants as well as the store.  I'd never seen these flavors.  I tried Blood Orange for dinner the other night. 

This product name just caught my eye and made me laugh. 
We did a good job figuring out (before making it to the check out line) that we needed to weigh and label our produce ourselves.  We just pasted the label directly on the onion - figure we didn't need an extra bag for this one onion. 

We did really well with our grocery shopping.  Charlene has more control than me.  We went to both the Lidl and Migros and decided the Migros had a lot more choices.  We spent about $170 for food for the week which covered breakfasts, lunches and all but two dinners.  Compared to the $120 we spent eating dinner out twice, this felt like a pretty good deal.   As much as I love salami (and I do think of Europe everytime I smell salami) - I'm done with it for lunch for a while. 

No comments:

Post a Comment