Monday, June 2, 2014

Train to Geneva

We had a great ride to Geneva from Milan.  It was about 4 hours with fabulous views throughout the ride.  I wanted to snap photos all the time, but restrained myself for the most part.  We didn't play games and I didn't feel like reading journals because there was too much to see.


There were LOTS of vineyards in the valleys and going up the hillsides

We had a bit of a struggle with getting all of our seats.  A lady with a young child was sitting in two of our groups' seats.  I showed her our ticket and asked her to move.  She showed me her ticket and I noted that her seats were in a different car.  She insisted that she had looked and that they weren't.  David and a student sat in other seats but were kicked out by those who had reservations in them.  The train was completely full.  People were even sitting in the entrance ways to the cars.  The conductor did nothing about asking her to move to the other seats. We finally managed to get her to give David her ticket and he claimed her seats in the other car so he could be seated.  I bit frustrating, but worked out in the end.  She was grateful not to have to move her luggage and her child.




No comments:

Post a Comment