Saturday, June 7, 2014

Group dynamics

This was a rather unusual group of students.  Of all the groups that I have traveled with, these people got along better than any other.  There was no member of the group who earned the designation as the "annoying one" or the "late one".  Everyone was where they needed to be when they needed to be.  Everyone helped each other and looked out for each other.  The whole group was pretty adventuresome.  I would provide unlimited transit passes in each city and before I knew it the group was scattered to go exploring.  I actually had a fair amount of 'down time' when I could explore on my own without anyone else tagging along and that was fun.

It was funny to read in the students' travel journals about which cities and sites they liked best.  Some clearly loved the energy and night life of the cities, some were much more enthusiastic about the quiet get away places.  We seemed to strike a pretty good balance between different types of places.

With things going mostly smoothly, I expect I'll take on the responsibility of leading the trip again in two years.

Our last night on the trip...Zurich picnic dinner.


No comments:

Post a Comment