Saturday, June 7, 2014

Being Swiss?

I've had a love of Switzerland since I first visited 8 years ago and that has not changed.  David and I joke about retiring in Geneva, and who knows if that is even in the realm of possible, but it is still appealing.  I feel an affinity for the country and the people.  I like the orderliness and structure,  I love the beauty of the natural environment.  I really enjoy the international cross roads with some many languages and cultures coming together.

Adam told me one day as we were walking that I could "be Swiss" if I just dressed a little more formally. (I don't think I could ever be mistaken for anything other than an American in Italy).  This thought was reinforced in the airport when the customs official as me if I was resident in the US or Switzerland.  I guess with my numerous passport stamps I fit the profile of an ex-pat American living abroad.

No comments:

Post a Comment