Sunday, November 3, 2013

Mexican Pleasantness


There have been several instances when I was impressed with the pleasant nature of the people I have encountered.  When I mentioned to the concierge at the hotel that I didn’t have a hat for the trip to the pyramids, he went to the back office and gave me one that the hotel sells (for free).  When I was walking on the street and was approaching a man head on, he went out of his way to step aside and let me pass by him.  In many streets that I’ve walked, its more like a game of chicken where the weakest person steps aside at the last minute and usually brushes against the other one on their way.  I already noted that cabs and other drivers seem to take turns as they merge and move in busy traffic without much animosity.  Its probably too much to chalk it up to a national culture, but it has been a good experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment