Friday, November 1, 2013

Grocery store!

No trip abroad is complete without a visit to a grocery store.  This was a very high end one in a fancy mall across from my hotel, but it was still fun to visit.  My goal was to find sunscreen for my trip to the pyramids tomorrow.  I wandered the entire store, found some snack crackers and some bottled water (.50 cent per liter, quite a contrast to the $3.29 I paid for 16 oz at the Wichita airport).  Finally found the sunscreen too.  I'm disappointed to say that the chocolate selection was abyssmal.  I ended up with a unique Hershey's bar, but my choices were Hershey's, Godiva, or Snickers.
Really cool giant TV screen above the fish market with alternating photos of fish and sharks swimming

Very impressive wine section.

Disney princess and Hello Kitty are big here too.

Giant Reindeer heralding the coming of Christmas

Awesome bakery choices

Pan de Muertos (Dead Bread)



I liked this twist on the checkout.  There is a monitor facing the customer showing all that is being rung up.



No comments:

Post a Comment