Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Geocaching / lazy day

I got a bit too much sun yesterday, so I decided to avoid the beach today.  Meg and I decided just to drive along the business route (6A) to see what interesting businesses and homes there were to see.  I drove with a purpose toward Sesuit Harbor in Dennis.  I wanted to find a local geocache with a travel bug that I could exchange for the one that I picked up in Wichita.  It was located on a hill overlooking the beach, so we drove as far as we could, then followed our GPS the last 500 feet.  The cache was well hidden in the base of a gnarled old tree. Unfortunately the travel bug was MIA.  I left our travel bug and picked up a trade (a fun misc item left by someone else) for Delaney.


We drove past Grammie and Grampie's old house and Paines Creek beach nearby where the kids played growing up.  Lots of good memories here.

We headed home for lunch and then spent the afternoon lazing around the house while David, Jeff and all the kids went to Nausett beach on the ocean side.  They had a great time getting beat around by the waves and Delaney came back with a head full of sand.  After dinner we went down to sit on the beach and watch the sunset.  A great day all in all.


No comments:

Post a Comment