Sunday, May 1, 2022

Geocaching

 I had the fun of introducing Carson to geocaching.  I was worried I wouldn't be able to cache because I was having trouble getting data on my phone, but David finally got customer service to help him turn on the service so I could use my app.  The first one we visited was right at the metro stop where we were staying.  I read the clue to Carson and he found it quite quickly. 


Our first cache was a magnetic nano on the back of this sign.

We found another magnetic nano along the fence by the Tower of London.  Carson also got this one. I just let him look because more than one person searching in the midst of so much "muggle" foot traffic is suspicious.  He was very circumspect. 
Kayla found our third one in a brick wall near a closed up old subway entrance.  It was kind of cool to read the history of how the entrance and track had changed over the years.

Our final cache was on a traffic sign near the park by the British Museum.  Carson and I read and deciphered the clue together, then he went on his own to see if he could locate it.  5 minutes later he was back!

I had brought along a travel bug that also traveled to Bournemouth with us last fall, but we couldn't find a single cache large enough to hold the travel bug.  He had to come back home with us again. 






No comments:

Post a Comment