Sunday, May 1, 2022

Day 5 - Tower of London

We started our day at the Tower of London.  I knew that it was best to arrive early in the day to beat the crowds and that was definitely the case.    Delaney wanted to spend as much time as possible with every exhibit so she and David split off and Carson and I started the audio tour together.  

This was the kings bedroom.  I wish I could tell you which king and what time frame, but my British history is pretty weak and I don't remember.   

The King's chapel for daily devotions

Tower Bridge

The White Tower.  204 steps to see all of the levels.

Lower left is what remains of some Roman era walls on the site.

Love this pano view!


Henry VIII armour.  Very detailed and quite large (he was a big man!)

Chapel in the White tower

This gigantic book was not actually a bible as one might expect, but an accounting ledger of all of the arms in the armory for a particular year.  I would have loved to see the writing in it.





Looking through a hole in the Roman wall. 


After exploring the castle, Adam, Kayla, Carson and I went geocaching and found 2 caches near the castle.  


No comments:

Post a Comment