Saturday, December 13, 2014

Smithsonian - Art

On our last day, the boys headed out to the Udvar Hazy complex on the edge of town to see the latest additions to the Air and Space museum.  I'm glad Delaney and I didn't join them...the trip ended up taking 1 1/2 one way thanks to some poor signage.  


Delaney and I chose to go to the Art Museum.  We spent several hours wandering the picture galleries and then realized as we were starting to get hungry that the sculptures (my favorites) were downstairs.  At this point Delaney was ready to drag me out so we could got to the fountain again and it our lunches...oh well.




Delaney and I had a good time comparing notes on how Mary and Jesus were portrayed by different artists.



Wish we could have spent more time in the sculpture sections.


No comments:

Post a Comment