Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Hotel

Check in went smoothly and I was pleased to discover that my food at the hotel was covered by the conference (This is especially good since I was unable to hit an ATM machine at the airport and have 0 pesos on me at the moment).  Since it was 2:00 Wichita time, I was pretty hungry.  I put my things in my room and came back down to the lunch buffet.  It was a delicious spread with pork, fish, chicken, rice, steamed veggies, a full salad bar, soup, fresh bread, and a giant dessert bar.  I decided I better eat well since the norm for meal times here is considerably later than at home.




My room is quite attractive and roomy with a few of the smog filled valley and the city.




Believe it or not there is a city of 20 mil people beyond the tall apartment buildings in the cloudy (smoggy) valley.
Building across from the hotel.

No elevator lobby is complete without a shoeshine machine...

A sign you don't find in many places in the US. What to do in case of an earthquake and in case of a fire.  I hope I don't experience either on this trip.
Delicious breakfast buffet.  You have to guard your food carefully though, if you get up for anything, the waitstaff will whisk your plate away whether you are done or not.  I almost had to get myself three containers of yougert one morning because they kept trying to take mine away before I finished.

I love looking at familiar products with unfamiliar labels.



No comments:

Post a Comment